Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter

Happy Easter!

I took my day slowly today. I woke up slow, got up slow, even took my time doing my hair. I picked up the phone to call a close relative, and next thing I know I was catapulted into a world I haven’t been a part of in a long time.

One good thing about being away from people that have caused you pain, knowingly or unknowingly, is that when you see them again you have the opportunity to gauge how much you have grown. Or haven’t grown.

Luckily in my case today, I started out in a great mood, and after my reunion with some old acquaintances, I was in a stellar mood. You see, it wasn’t so much because I was happy to see some of those folks. Nope! My sunny disposition was a result of something I realize I have gained over the years, and that is the ability to let dumb *#$%#$* go.

But this skill didn’t appear overnight, and every once in a while when someone gets on my nerves I know I still have a long way to go with it. But today, oh today!!! I walked in the room, held court, smiled, and departed when I knew it was time to leave. Learning how to rise above the petty concerns of the petty – I learned this by being a woman who lost her father not long ago, survived a few difficult relationships over the past few years, and by being a self-published author trying to do it all. Just yesterday I was moping around the house trying to look for signs that all of my efforts in the past few years were worth more than they appeared, and today, I had my shining moment (albeit in my own mind). There wasn’t a thing anyone in that setting could have said to me that would have wiped the smile off my face and the self-assurance in my heart.

Earth Wind & Fire once said, ‘You can’t shake me way I feel today, come tomorrow I’ll feel the same old way’. I hope to be able to rack up more of those kinds of days from here on out.

Chandra Adams
Author
Shades of Retribution
www.adrolitepress.com
www.chandraadams.com
www.northbaymediareview.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home