Saturday, June 02, 2007

Make Those Complaints Work For You

Make Those Complaints Work For You

Who’s complaining? Surely not you. Yeah right.

There’s so much to complain about if you’re really good at it – your job, your spouse, that ex, the mailman, that crazy neighbor. You know the one.

One day I made a conscious effort to monitor my own thoughts, and although I have been called a Pollyanna on occasion, I was really sort of amazed at the amount of complaints I logged in my brain by the minute, even by the second. Most of them against myself – ‘Why are you eating that?’ ‘Can’t you move a little faster?’ ‘Why aren’t you a millionaire, you can be so lazy you know’ and the list went on until I had to give myself a time-out.

One thing I managed to gain from listening to myself is that I realized that I still have a lot of unfulfilled dreams and even simple tasks and goals that I need to address. Now I’m not going to sit up and say that I waged a barrage of complaints against myself all day, please! There’s the economy and the government and everything else in between. The one thing that helped me move along (I have to admit I can feel stuck from time to time in my daily life) was to write them all down. I wrote them down, and I noticed how much better I felt and how uncluttered my mind started to feel. Once I wrote them down, I considered what I could do to resolve my complaint so that I wouldn’t have to give it any more energy from that point on. What I realized is that when I get away from writing down my daily to-do’s and big and small goals, they start to kind of back up in my head and I just sit there wishing and complaining, and trying to figure out how I got into task backlog and that emotional rut that creeps up from time to time when things don’t move as quickly as I want them to.

Feeling like everything around you needs to be adjusted somehow, but know that most of it can’t be until you do something about it? Just write it out. Be your own best customer and receive those complaints and take steps to resolve them so you can make everyday a little better.

Chandra Adams
Author
Shades of Retribution
Producer
North Bay Media Review


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home