Monday, March 13, 2006

Home Office Blues

Like a lot of folks who work at home, I use a spare bedroom for my office. Truthfully, I’m ready to expand into the garage, but I’m a little unsure of which direction to turn in. A small list of items to furnish the garage-office is appropriate right now, but before you know it that list can turn outrageous. I already have desks and chairs, but as visions of a boardroom, waiting area (you’d think I have a ten-car garage) complete with Office Room Reception Chairs continue to expand, I realize that if I don’t develop a budget for it I could be headed for trouble.
For starters, I need to insulate, paint, run phone and DSL lines. Of course I have to make sure it’s alright with the city, county, state, and perhaps even the country and their offices before I make that move. Since the garage isn’t attached to the house, I have to make sure my path is well lit and the boundaries secure for those late night work sessions. More and more my spare bedroom appears to be the place to stay.
As business expands and grows, operations will as well. I suppose I’ll know the right time to lay those bigger office plans. In the meantime, I’ll continue to wake up and walk those twenty-five steps to the office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home