Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Is It Just Me Or Are We In Trouble

Is It Just Me Or Are We In Trouble

Have I been watching too much of the evening news, or are we really in trouble? Where do I begin with what I’m talking about? Well…
For starters, who ever thought gas prices would get up to $3.00 a gallon? I know that’s old news right about now, but in a way it really isn’t if you have to commute every day. And this is only the beginnings of troubles. Why is that bird flu hanging over our heads like a biblical plague waiting to unfold? Enough already! Can’t they quarantine all those birds and people who have it and be done with it, I say? Leave us out of it, I don’t want any parts of any bird flu, I’m not a bird.
Why is the entire world, save a few pockets here and there starting to resemble a third world country? You know what I mean. I love fish but I am scared to eat it because I don’t want mercury poisoning. Beef and chicken are all pumped up with steroids which means I could go crazy, grow hair where it doesn’t belong and get real, real big from eating it. I’m waiting for them to say there’s a hybrid virus developing that is a cross between bird flu and mad cow disease. As soon as I hear it announced – Mad Bird Flu Cow Virus – I’m packing up and moving to a remote village in Africa. But you say wait? Why? Oh, they are having problems over there too, with famines, and holocausts, and viruses? I wonder how soon they are planning to colonize Mars.
All this apocalyptic talk is giving me all kinds of pains, a friend of mine recommended Vioxx so I’m just going to take one. Why are you shaking your head? Vioxx can do what????? I guess I’ll be joining the rest of the vioxx lawsuits.
I can honestly see why some people just go nuts, but there is an upside to all of this. I can turn off the news shows, stop worrying and live my life. I’m sure the generation before us, and the generations before them had some of the same questions and concerns when faced with life-threatening plague-ish diseases and questionable environmental and economic situations. But we are still here, still thriving.

Chandra Adams
Author
Shades of Retribution
www.adrolitepress.com
www.ChandraAdams.com
www.northbaymediareview.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home