Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Find Some Time To Relax

Find Some Time To Relax

With some knitting or crochet needles. If you’re the creative type and need to do something with your hands, give it a try.

I’ve been crocheting since I can remember. I believe my grandmother taught me how, or she taught my sister or something and I learned that way. Or maybe it was my mother? I guess all of them because as I grew I remember being shown different techniques. Over the years I’ve kept it up, but I would say not until recently have I even attempted to make something I would give away. When I say recently I mean in the past ten years or so.

Knitting is fun too and probably a lot more popular. You’ll find classes, clubs, meetings, and workshops – you name it – geared toward helping you make the best looking since sweater since grandma’s days. I learned to knit a little later in life, around the time I became legal. I used to knit my little hear out! I made a sweater too small for someone but they were nice enough to accept it anyway with excitement. I made a few for myself too in bright colors that only the early 90’s could appreciate and wore those sweaters with pride. They took a long time to make, but it was well worth it. Perhaps I’ll get a refresher on how to follow a pattern and make myself a sweater sometime soon.

Chandra Adams
Author
Shades of Retribution
Producer
North Bay Media Review

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home